Cheating while in a relationship or marriage is destructive. In some cases if it is only an emotional affair, instead of a physical one, this still hurts. It is a betrayal of the marriage vows, or if this is a longstanding partnership, then its a huge betrayal of trust. When an emotional or perhaps full blown affair is discovered it can either break the marriage or partnership, or shake it up and make it stronger according to whether the couple love one another enough to continue.
No person deserves the humiliation involved in being cheated on. This is no matter whether the marriage or partnership is on a shaky footing, right now. However, if you believe your partner or spouse is having an affair, then maybe now will be the time to investigate and check out if there may be any truth in your own suspicions.
What should you consider? What are the clues that enable you to know if your partner is having an emotional or physical romance? Read on to determine how.
1. Are there any changes in their appearance or attitude? Have you noticed a sudden change or preoccupation about appearance? Are they dressing more carefully and selectively? Do they go to the gym more or have they started to visit the gym when they never went before? Do they pay more attention to their personal hygiene e.g. are they showering often?
2. Has the intimacy between you become less? If you realise that your partner has come to be more distant and isn’t discussing those intimate things and feelings with you like they used to then you have reason for concern. They may already be in the process of distancing themselves from you physically and emotionally to help to make their affair easier to manage. If your sexual relations have slowed down and or become non existent, then you ought to be worried.
3. They are being secretive and act in a guilty way. Your partner will no longer share information about their everyday life with you what happened at the job, their frustrations and his or her successes. They probably avoid you as a result of guilt they are experiencing towards you. If you ask them questions concerning their day, they become defensive or vague and avoid giving you too much detail.
4. The arguments are much less or have stopped. Remember how your partner used to get upset if you didn’t want to go somewhere nice with them, or to get together with their friends. Now there is no pressure on you to get involved with anything they actually do. For instance, if you wanted to go and do a little bit of train spotting, it’s not an issue. You commence to lead completely separate lives.
5. They begin to arrive home late. They never ever come home late, but this is occurring more and more frequently. The explanation given is blamed on a heavy workload or other vague excuses. They go shopping alone more and more. Something strange always happens in order that it is never a fast task. These are all signs that they may be or are planning to embark on an emotional affair, or perhaps a physical one.
All of the above are reasons to consider taking a close look at your marriage or relationship and sit down with your partner or spouse to work through what is going drastically wrong with your relationship. There may be innocent explanations and yes it could just be just your vivid imagination. However, in case you have any nagging doubts about your partner or spouse’s behaviour and believe that they might be involved in an emotional or full blown affair with someone, then it is best to bring your worries out into the open, before it’s far too late.